Sometimes having a multi-functional kitchen appliance is very helpful, especially when space is of the essence in your kitchen. After all, you can use the same device for multiple purpose, therefore you’ll not just save your money but also space on your countertop. Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is a 7-in-1 multi-cooker which can function as a sauté pan, warmer, steamer, yogurt maker, slow cooker, electric pressure cooker and a rice cooker. Unlike single-use appliances, this one is a jack of all trades that is versatile enough to meet all your cooking needs with complete ease and efficacy.
Instant Pot is a third generation programmable pressure cooker which aims at being reliable, convenient and safe to use. Designed by Canadians, this multi-functional cooker aims at speeding up the cooking time anywhere between 2-6 times and consumes 70% less energy.
Read The Rest Of The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Key Specification
- 2 Cooking Capacity
- 3 Pre-Programmed Cooking Functions
- 4 Cooking Technology
- 5 Types of Rice Compatible With the Cooker
- 6 Item Dimensions
- 7 Material Type
- 8 No. of People You Can Feed Using This Cooker
- 9 Ease of Use
- 10 Safety Features
- 11 Accessories Included
- 12 Warranty
- 13 Pros
- 14 Cons
- 15 Consumer Reviews
- 16 Price
- 17 Conclusion
- 18 Features Overview
- 7-in-1 electric cooker
- UL and ULC certified and features 10 foolproof safety mechanisms
- 14 pre-programmed cooking functions controlled by a micro-processor
- Large, easy-to-read display and control panel
- Dual pressure settings available
- 3-ply bottom 304 stainless steel inner cooking pot
- Energy effective
- Highly reliable as it provides consistent cooking results
- Ergonomic and appealing design
- Easy to clean
The IP-DUO60 has a pot size of 6 quarts. In case of making yogurt or pasteurizing, the cooker can hold up to 5 liters of milk.
Pre-Programmed Cooking Functions
As mentioned above, this multi-functional cooker serves 7 different purposes: saute or browning pan, warmer, steamer, yogurt maker, slow cooker, electric pressure cooker and a rice cooker.
There are 14 pre-programmed cooking functions: soup, bean/chili, chicken or poultry, meat/stew, saute, vapor, gruel, rice, multi-grain, yogurt, pasteurize, fermentation of rice (from 0.5 to 20 hours), slow cook and keep warm.
In addition to this, there are two pressure/stress setups (high pressure and low pressure) and 3 temperature setups in case of saute and slow cooker settings.
- One thing that should be noted about the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is that it is not just your average multi-functional cooker, it uses smart micro-processor technology to make the arduous task of cooking quick and effortless! Its cutting edge technology is tailor-made to adjust to different types of cooking styles and results.
With a wide array of adjustable cooking modes, Instant Pot can make everything from steaming frozen vegetables to making mashed potatoes to brewing an Irish stew on its own, with minimum interference from the user. Thanks to its advanced cooking technology, the IP-DUO60 has the ability to cook perfect meals each time, irrespective of what you’re making.
Types of Rice Compatible With the Cooker
As a rice cooker the Instant Pot can be used for making multi-grains, white rice, brown rice, porridge rice and fermentation rice. However, it is not just a rice cooker, therefore one can also use it for cooking meats (chicken, pork, beef), milk (for yogurt), lentils, vegetables such as corn, potatoes, carrots, beans and so on.
13 x 12.6 x 12.2 inches
Weight : 12 pounds
18/8 food grade inner pot made from 304 stainless steel whereas outer body is made from steel and has a brushed look and heat-resistant coating.
No. of People You Can Feed Using This Cooker
The IP-DUO60 cooker comes in three sizes, i.e. 5, 6 and 8 quarts and these are suited for small, medium and large sized families respectively. The 6 quart model will serve a family of 5-6 easily.
Ease of Use
Being a 7-in-1 cooker, one can expect the learning curve of this appliance to be a little steep, therefore it is going to take some time to master how to use this cooker optimally but it is worth the investment of time and effort. When you get the hang of how to use this cooker, you will know the right amount of liquid and pressure to use for various dishes.
Individuals who have always used a stovetop pressure cooker will find it slightly difficult to adjust to this electric multi-functional model. However, one can rely on the instruction manual provided and online educational videos to make things easier.
- Safety Lid Lock which eliminates accidental opening of the lid when the cooker is pressurized
- Pressure Regulator and Automatic Pressure Control features which keep the working pressure of the cooker under 15.23 psi (which is the standard safety limit)
- Leaky Lid Smart Detection Technology
- Anti-Blockage vent which remains debris-free all the time
- Magnetic Sensor which detects unsafe positioning of lid in case of pressure cooking
- Excess Pressure Protection feature which releases the extra unnecessary pressure into the cooker’s internal chamber should the pressure cross the safety limit
- Automatic Temperature Control feature for different cooking modes
- High Temperature Monitoring feature to prevent food from burning when cooked at extremely high temperature
- The fuse cuts off power during an electrical current or when the temperature spikes beyond the safe range
- Stainless Steel steam rack with handles for easy lifting
- Condensation Collector
- 1 measuring cup
- 1 rice paddle
- 1 soup spoon
- User Manual
- Quick Reference Guide
Additionally, one can purchase a tempered glass lid from Instant Pot for use during the slow cooker, keep-warm and saute mode to prevent splattering of food.
Back to top
Instant Pot warrants the multi-functional pressure cooker for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase under normal residential use.
- Extremely versatile with 7 different cooking functions, therefore it eliminates the need to buy separate appliances
- In-built temperature monitoring features therefore there is no need for a thermometer
- Easy to clean Stainless Steel inner cooking pot which also resists stains
- A lot of safety features
- Extensive number of pre-set cooking functions but one can also program the cooker manually
- Delay timer of up to 24 hours
- Keep Warm Mode
- Extremely satisfactory customer service by Instant Pot
- Outer pot is slightly more difficult to clean
- Learning curve is greater
- Gasket retains food odors
- Inner pot tend to spin around when one is stirring the food
Back to top
The unit is a highly functional one and therefore the higher ratings are very well deserved.
You can read more here : Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker Reviews
The IP-DUO60 is a 7-in-1 cooker, so if you’re going to it as a rice cooker only then you’ll find that it is quite expensive. However, as a multi-functional cooker the price tag is quite decent, in fact it would cost you a lot more to buy seven different types of cookers, which is also terribly impractical.
In conclusion it can be said that the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 isn’t your grandmother’s pressure cooker, in fact it is far more cutting edge and functional! While it make take some time to grasp the idea of using this 1000 watt multi-functional 7-in-1 cooker, it is definitely worth the effort and time because this is one of the kitchen appliances that is so immaculate that it is very hard to criticize it. Also, the sheer number of safety features and cooking settings make this unit an instant hit amongst housewives, no wonder this bestseller enjoys the kind of popularity and customer loyalty that it has today.
|Feature||Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker|
|Cooking Size||5 Quart, 6 Quart and 8 Quart|
|Cost Effective||Extremely cost effective|
|Unique Feature||Micro-processor cooking technology and fermentation of rice (Jiu Niang) function|
|Item Weight||12 pounds|
|Brand Popularity||4.9 out of 5|
|Design/Construction||4.5 out of 5|
|Our Rating||4.8 out of 5|